For research use only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.
If you are experiencing any communication issues when connecting a Agilent HPLC system to a 6500+ System please follow this procedure to reset the communicationsand build new methods
1. Deactivate the hardware profile before closing Analyst® software. It will then be easier to restart Analyst.
2. Open Analyst and then open the Analyst Device Driver (ADD) software and check Status. Check and see if all modules are communicating. If they are not communicating, you may need to close ADD and restart the LC.
3. Once there are no grey LC icons in ADD, close the Status and the ADD windows.
4. Activate the hardware profile. The ADD software should open on its own.
5. Open the Status window in ADD and verify communication. This is not required, just a precaution.
6. Close Status window, but not the ADD window.
7. Build a new method in Analyst, making sure Manual/AAO Sync is selected in the method.
8. Add in MS parameters.
9. Save and close method in Analyst.
10. Go into ADD and go into Method Module.
11. Open the Analyst .dam method you just created.
12. Enter LC parameters as appropriate and make sure there is a STOP TIME. One easy place to put the STOP TIME is on the same page as all of the other pump parameters.
13. Save to the Analyst .dam file.
14. Close the method module in ADD.
15. Open the method in Analyst, the LC parameters should now be present.