How Do I Obtain a Trial License for SCIEX Software?
For research use only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.
To obtain a trial license key:
To install the software:
- Navigate to http://sciex.com/software#tryfree
- Select the software you would like to download by clicking on the Start Trial link.
- If you are logged into the website, then an email with the trial license will be sent directly to your listed email address and a Trial Success screen will appear.
- If you are not logged into the website, a Login screen appears that asks you to log in or create an account. After logging in, then return to the link above and start the download process.
- The trial license key will arrive by email from SCIEXNow. This key will be in the format AID- followed by 8 sets of 4 characters (eg., AID-1234-abcd-5678-efgh-9012-ijkl-3456-mnop).
Activate your license key:
- Your download will begin immediately as soon as you select the Start Trial link.
- Once your software download is complete, extract the archive (if it is in the form of a zip file) and be sure to review the release notes to ensure that your system meets the requirements for the software.
- Install using the setup.exe program.
- Once software is installed, launch by clicking the desktop shortcut.
Install your license file:
- After launching the software, a license activation screen will appear:
- Working from top to bottom on the form, start by entering your license key into the text box underneath step 1.
- If you press the radio button labeled Generate Computer ID, the textbox under step 3 will automatically fill with the computer ID of your workstation.
- If you have access to the internet from the computer on which you installed the software, click the license activation link in step 4. Otherwise navigate to https://sciex.com/support/activate-software. You will need to be logged into the website to access the Activate Software web page.
- On the Activate Software web page, your name and email address will appear in the grey fields.
- From the Select Your Instrument drop down menu, select No Instrument – Trial License Only.
- Enter the computer IDs generated in step above.
- Copy and paste the license key information into the License Key field. Ensure that the “AID” portion is in all caps, the dashes are included, and that any letters in the remainder of the key are in lower case.
- Click the orange Submit button.
- A license file will be emailed to you from SCIEXNow, and the attachment will be named <product>.lic. Because of the attachment, this email may be quarantined by some servers so please check with your local IT or check your SPAM folder if you do not receive it.
- Once you have received the .lic file via email and have saved it to the desktop of the target computer, re-launch the software (if you shut it down) or return to the open License Activation window in the software.
- Select the Install License File radio button.
- A Standard windows openfiledialog will appear. Select the .lic file (saved to your desktop) and press OK. The software will then install the license file and launch. The software will now be licensed.